Okras are very good for health.These are one of the favorite food for Indians.These have high fiber content and so many benefits are there by eating this okra.
From these okra we can prepare so many kinds of varieties like fry,curries,Now i am giving one of the variety of preparing curry.
- Okra:1/4 kg.
- Onion:1 Medium sized.
- Tomatoes:2 Medium sized.
- Green chilies : 6-7.
- Curry leaves:3-4.
- Haldi(turmeric) :2 pinches.
- Salt:adjust to taste.
- Cumin seeds:1/2 tsp.
- Mustard seeds:1/2 tsp.
- Coriander leaves(chopped):2 tbsp.
- Methi leaves:3tbsp.
- Curd:4 tbsp.
- Oil:3 tbsp.
- Garlic pods:5-6.
- Wash the Okra(bendi) cleanly and wipe it off .
- Cut the Okra into pieces.
- Cut the onion,tomatoes,green chillies intp pieces.
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Now crackle the mustard and add cumin seeds.
- Now add onion pieces and fry for half a minute.
- Add turmeric powder,tomatoes,green chillies and fry until they are golden brown in color.
- Now add Okra pieces and salt and fry for few minutes.
- Now add little water and Methi leaves and close the lid.
- Allow them to cook.
- Hardly it will take 7-10 min to cook.
- Now open the lid and add curd,coriander leaves and give a stir.
- Now mash them into fine paste.
- For extra taste add seasoning with little amount of oil,mustard,cumin seeds.
- Dahi Bhindi (okra in yogurt curry) (whynotkitchen.wordpress.com)
- Okra / Lady’s finger Curry / Vendakkai Kuzhambu (Type 1) (bridecooks.wordpress.com)
- Okra (lazybumrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Okara Raita (rutuja179.wordpress.com)
- Tangy okra curry (lusciousinterests.wordpress.com)
- Aloo Bhindi Tarkari (Potato And Okra Curry) (feedingthesonis.wordpress.com)
- Gongura: 1cup.
- Green chillies:3 -4.
- Roasted groundnuts:1/4 cup.
- salt:adjust to taste.
- Garlic pods:3-4.
- Coriander(chopped):2 tbsp.
- onion:1 small sized.
- Dry roast the ground nuts and remove the skin.
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Remove only leaves of gongura ,clean and keep it aside.
- Boil the gongura and green chillies in a bowl in a sufficient water.
- After boiling drain the excess water and let it cool.
- Grind the ground nut seeds ,garlic pods and salt in a mixer.
- Now add boiled gongura leaves and green chillies and grind.
- Now take into clean bowl and add chopped coriander and onion pieces into it.
Your valuable comments will help me in improving my recipes.
- Beans:1/2 kg(prefer tender one).
- Onion:1 medium size.
- Grated coconut:2 tbsp.
- Fresh coriander leave(chopped)s:2 tbsp
- Curry Leave:7-8.
- Mustard seeds:1 tsp.
- Cumin seedss:1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder:1/2 tsp.
- Chana dal:1 tbsp.
- Green chillies:4-5.
- Salt:adjust to taste.
- Garlic:3 pods.
- Oil:2 tbsp.
- Clean the beans and cut it into required size(i prefer small size).so,it looks nice after cooking.
- Pressure cook the beans pieces and chana dal with the sufficient water by adding the salt which is sufficient for only beans pieces for 2 -3 whistles .
- Grind tha green chillies,grated coconut,garlic pods into a fine powder.
- Now heat the oil in a frying pan and cracle the mustard seeds and then add jeera,curry leaves.
- Add Onion pieces and fry until it turns into light brown color.
- Add Ground mixture(Grren chillies,grated coconut,garlic pods) into the frying pan and fry until the garlic raw smell goes off.
- Now add boiled beans and chana dal and fry for 2 min and add required salt(if necessary).
- Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
This will be good combination for chapatis,rotis and side dish for rice.
- Always remember that take the tender one to get the good taste.
- Don’t over boil the beans.
- Be careful while adding the salt while boiling the beans.(don’t add more).
- Add only the required quantity of salt which is sufficient to beans pieces.
I will be thankful if you comment below.
Your comments may be helpful for improving my recipe presentation.
- How to make the perfect bean burgers (theguardian.com)
- Gour Beans Fry (sabithavantalu.wordpress.com)