Okras are very good for health.These are one of the favorite food for Indians.These have high fiber content and so many benefits are there by eating this okra.
From these okra we can prepare so many kinds of varieties like fry,curries,Now i am giving one of the variety of preparing curry.
- Okra:1/4 kg.
- Onion:1 Medium sized.
- Tomatoes:2 Medium sized.
- Green chilies : 6-7.
- Curry leaves:3-4.
- Haldi(turmeric) :2 pinches.
- Salt:adjust to taste.
- Cumin seeds:1/2 tsp.
- Mustard seeds:1/2 tsp.
- Coriander leaves(chopped):2 tbsp.
- Methi leaves:3tbsp.
- Curd:4 tbsp.
- Oil:3 tbsp.
- Garlic pods:5-6.
- Wash the Okra(bendi) cleanly and wipe it off .
- Cut the Okra into pieces.
- Cut the onion,tomatoes,green chillies intp pieces.
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Now crackle the mustard and add cumin seeds.
- Now add onion pieces and fry for half a minute.
- Add turmeric powder,tomatoes,green chillies and fry until they are golden brown in color.
- Now add Okra pieces and salt and fry for few minutes.
- Now add little water and Methi leaves and close the lid.
- Allow them to cook.
- Hardly it will take 7-10 min to cook.
- Now open the lid and add curd,coriander leaves and give a stir.
- Now mash them into fine paste.
- For extra taste add seasoning with little amount of oil,mustard,cumin seeds.
- Dahi Bhindi (okra in yogurt curry) (whynotkitchen.wordpress.com)
- Okra / Lady’s finger Curry / Vendakkai Kuzhambu (Type 1) (bridecooks.wordpress.com)
- Okra (lazybumrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Okara Raita (rutuja179.wordpress.com)
- Tangy okra curry (lusciousinterests.wordpress.com)
- Aloo Bhindi Tarkari (Potato And Okra Curry) (feedingthesonis.wordpress.com)