- ToorDal:1 cup.
- Onion:1(medium sized).
- Garlic Pods:5-6.
- Gongura(Mesta) leaves:1/2 cup.
- Turmeric :2 pinch.
- Tomato:1 (small sized).
- Tamarind pulp:1 tsp.
- Red chillies:2-3.
- Green chillies:7-8(adjust to your spice level).
- Salt:adjust to your taste.
- Mustard and cumin seeds:1tsp.
- oil:1 -2 tbsp.
- Bay leaves:3-4.
- Wash the dal and keep aside.
- Cut the tomato,onion into pieces.
- Keep onion,3-4 garlic pods,tomato,Green chillies,Gongura leaves,turmeric and add required quantity of water to boil.
- At last add tamarind pulp and salt and pressure cook upto 2-3 whistles.
- Now remove the lid add coriander leaves and in low flame let it boil for another 2-3 min.
- Now remove the cooker from flame and remove excess water and mash it with the help of ladle.
- Now add the excess water and give a nice stir.
- Now lightly mash the remaing garlic pods.
- Now heat the kadai and cracle mustard seeds and add jeera.
- Now add Red chillies,lightly crashed garlic pods ,bay leaves and fry until the garlic pods lightly change the color.
- Now add this to the mashed dal and immediately close the lid so that the flavour remains like that.
- At last give a nice stir.
- Add less amount of tamarind because we are adding red sorrel leaves.
Please leave the comments below to improvise my blog.
- Gongura Pickle (indianpickles.wordpress.com)
- Gongura Pachadi (neeluskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Gongura Pappu (danceandspice.wordpress.com)
- Gongura Pappu (Dal with Ambada, Lentils and Sorrel) (aahaaram.wordpress.com)
- Andhra inspired – Gongura Pappu Chaaru (thepiquantepicure.wordpress.com)
- Gongura(Mesta) Chutney (tastyandhealthyrecipes.wordpress.com)
- cooking dal… the most basic recipe – dedicated to some of best friends (newgirlinthesun.wordpress.com)