This is the most popular break fast in Andhra.Very easy to prepare.It can be prepared with in 15 min.This is the perfect break fast for lazy mornings.As it is known as puffed rice its very light to have it in the morning or as the evening snack.If we are preparing it as evening snack Mirchi bajji is the best combination with this. Now here comes the making process of uggani.
- Puffed rice:10 cups.
- Onion:1 medium sized.
- Tomato:1 medium sized.
- Green chillies:5-6(adjust to your spice level).
- Turmeric powder:1/4 tsp.
- Dry coconut(grated):1tbsp.
- Roasted gram(Putnala pappu):2 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds:1/2 tsp.
- Jeera seeds:1/4 tsp.
- Chana dal:1 tbsp.
- Urad dal:1tsp.
- Curry leaves:6-7.
- Salt:adjust to taste.
- Lemon juice:2 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves(chopped):1 tbsp.
- Oil:2 tbsp.
- Grind the grated coconut,fried gram into a fine powder and keep it aside.
- Now grind the green chillies ,little amount of salt to a fine paste.
- Cut the onion into thin slices and tomato into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a big kadai and cracle mustard seeds.
- Now add jeera,curry leaves,chana dal,urad dal.
- Now add onion and fry it until it turns brown color.
- Add turmeric powder,tomato pieces and fry until tomato becomes soft.
- Now add green chilli paste and salt and fry it well.
- Soak the puffed rice in a plenty of water for 2-3 min.
- Take a fistful of soaked puffed rice and squeeze the water completely.
- Repeat the same process to all puffed rice.
- Now take the fried mixture to the squeezed puffed rice and mix it well.
- Add Fried gram,coconut powder,lemon juice and mix it well.
Now serve with chips or mirchi bajji.
Your opinion matters to me..So please put in your take on this post..Thank you
- Puffed Rice Upma (onlytastyrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Puffed rice mixture(Bhelpuri) (homelyrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Puffed rice upma(Pori Upma) (homelyrecipes.wordpress.com)