This is way to prepare bhendi fry tastily.Bhendi also known as ladiesfinger or okra is rich in fiber which avoid obesity,cholestral and some type of cancer.
It also contain vitamins like vitamin -c,B1,B2,B6.A,K,E etc.Always use Okra that is tender and fresh and another cooking tip is wash and dry okra thoroughly before cutting,Adding spoonful of yogurt or butter milk helps dry out the slime while doing stir fries.
The other important point is do not cut the okra into very small pieces Cut with at least 1 inch long.
- Okra:1/4 kg.
- Onion:1 big sized.
- Oil:1 1/2 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds:1/2 tsp.
- Cumin seeds:1/2 tsp.
- Dry grated coconut:2 tbsp.
- garlic cloves:4-5.
- Red chilli powder:1 1/2 tsp.( adjust according to your spice level).
- Turmeric powder:a pinch.
- Red chillies: 1.
- Curry leaves:5-6.
- salt:as required.
- First wash the okra and wipe it thoroughly with kitchen cloth or if necessary keep it aside for 15-20 min.
- Cut the onion into thin slices.
- Now grind the grated coconut and cloves into fine powder.
- Now add oil in a kadai and crackle the mustard seeds.
- Now add cumin seeds,curry leaves,red chillies ,onion and fry until the onion become translucent.
- Now add turmeric powder,salt, red chilly powder and fry until it mix.
- Now add bhendi pieces and fry for 3-4 min on a high flame.
- Now reduce it to simmer and add teaspoon of buttermilk or lime juice so that it will dry out to slime.
- Now allow it to cook until it become soft.It will take more time to cook because it is in sim.
- Now add Ground coconut powder and close the lid for another 3-4 min.
- Instead of using grated coconut and garlic cloves we can use roasted gram(putnala pappu and garlic cloves powder)so,that it will give different taste.
- We can keep okra in fridge after cutting into pieces.
Your opinion matters to me..So please put in your take on this post..Thank you