This can be prepared very easily and also this is a perfect lunch box recipe.This is a kid approved dish also.This capsicum rice can be prepared with all colored capsicums.But today I prepared with only green capsicums.These capsicums are also called as Bell pepper.Capsicums are very rich in vitamins and which cures many diseases.
Eating capsicum helps in keeping the skin clear and reduce rashes and do you another important information is which is more important to all of us it helps in burning the calories and mainly capsicums contain compounds called capsaicins which reduce the risk of cancer.
This can be used as naivedyam recipe because we did not use onion,garlic .so,this is no onion,no garlic recipe.
Now to the recipe.
tasty capsicum rice
- Rice :1 cup.
- Oil:3-4 tbsp.
- salt:adjust to taste.
- cashew nuts:10-12.
- Green chillies:2.
- Red chillies:2.
- Haldi/Turmeric powder:2 pinches.
- vangibath powder:3 -31/2 tbsp.
- chana dal:1/2 tbsp.
- Urad dal:1 tsp.
- Mustard seeds and jeera:1/2 tsp.
- Curry leaves:4-5.
- Lemon:1 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves(chopped):1 tbsp.
- Cook the rice and keep it aside and allow it to cool.cook the rice that the grains are separate.Usal masoori rice is fine or you can use Basmati rice.
- Clean the capsicum and cut it into pieces of 1 inch length and slit the green chillies and red chillies.
- now add the oil in a kadai and crackle mustard seeds and add jeera,chana dal,urad dal,cashew nuts,green chillies and fry until it turns into golden brown color.
- Now add slitted red chillies and curry leaves and fry for 1 min.
- Now add chopped capsicum pieces and fry until it becomes soft.
- Now add salt , turmeric powder and vangibath powder and mix well and fry for another 2 min.
- Now remove it from stove and add cooled rice and add lemon juice and mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Now serve hot with raita or potato chips.
- While roasting be careful that cashew nuts will turn brown so quickly.
- So,first add chana dal and then urad dal and then cashew nuts and fry well.
- I did not use another vegetables like potato,green peas,carrot to enjoy the complete flavor of capsicums.
- This capsicum rice works fine with left over rice also.
Meet you again with another tasty and healthy recipe.
Please leave your comments below to improvise my recipes.
This is the Rayalaseema special breakfast.This can prepared with left over Dosa batter.Normally i will prepare dosa batter which is sufficient for two days.The first day i will prepare dosa and the second day i will prepare these Gunta ponganalu.The coconut chutney or peanut chutney is the perfect combination for these Ponganalu.
Specially my daughter prefers to eat with putnala podi or pappula podi.we can prepare this break fast with very less effort.
Now coming into the recipe.
- Left Over Dosa Batter: 2 cups.
- Green chilli paste:1 tsp.
- Cumin seeds:1/4 tsp.
- Chana dal:2 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves(chopped):4 tbsp.
- Curry leaves(chopped):3 tbsp.
- Onion(chopped):1 (Big sized).
- Salt:as required.
- Ginger(chopped):1 tbsp(optional).
- Cooking soda:1 pinch.
- oil:to fry.
- Add little amount of water to the dosa batter.
- Now add salt,Cooking soda and mix well.
- Now add Chopped onions,chopped coriander leaves,chopped curry leaves,chana dal,cumin seeds,Green chilli paste,Chopped ginger and mix well with the batter.
- Now there is a special cooking skillet to make ponganalu usually called as gunta ponganalu penam.In this penam there are small depressions.
- Now in each depression pour few drops of oil and keep in high flame.
- Now pour the batter in each depression only upto 3/4 th because after cooking it will increase the size.
- Now decrease the flame from high to low or medium and pour some more few drops of oil on it to cook easily.
- Now let it roast in medium flame until it turns light golden brown in color.
- Now after two or three min with help of fork flip to another side and allow to cook for 2 min.
- Now remove them on to the absorbent paper.
- Now the tasty,yummy,easy ponganalu are ready.
- Serve them hot with the chutney.
- You can use grated carrot into the batter.
- Soak the chana dal before 30 min.
- You can also use spring onions.
- Do not use more water in water or don’t use less water because if we use less water these will not cook properly.
- Use non stick penam/skillet for easy maintenance.
Please leave your valuable comments below to improvise my posts.
I usually prepare Tomato rice in two ways.One is pulao and another one tomato Baath which is prepared by leftover rice.
Normally these two recipes are very easy to prepare and which can be easily prepared as lunch box recipes.This dish is mostly prepared in south India.
Now i am posting Tomato Pulao recipe which is a bit spicier than tomato Baath.
Spicy tomato pulao
- Basmati Rice:1 cup.
- Onion:2 (Medium sized).
- Ginger-garlic paste:1 tsp.
- Cinnamon stick:1 inch.
- Mint leaves:1/2 cup.
- Green chillies:2-3.
- Red chillipowder:1 tsp(adjust to your spice level).
- oil:1 1/2 tbsp.
- salt:adjust to taste.
- coriander powder:1/2 tsp.
- Soak Basmati rice for 20 min.
- Cut the onion into thin slices and cut the tomato into small pieces.
- Now heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add cloves,Cinnamon stick and fry for 1/2 min.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and fry until raw smell goes.
- Now add Mint leaves until it decreases the volume.
- Now add Green chillies and onion and fry until they turn into translucent.
- Now add soaked rice and fry for 1 min.
- Now add 2 cups of water and salt,red chilli powder and close the lid of pressure cooker.
- Now the cooker starts whistling(3 whistles) and simmer for 3-4 min and turn off the flame.
- After cooker cools down add chopped coriander on top of it.
- You can use Ghee instead of oil.
- If you use full ripe juicy tomatoes gives more taste.
- We can use only Green chillies with out using Red chilli powder but the color will not be good.so,instead of using artificial colors i used red chilli powder.
Please leave your comments below to improvise my posts
This is very easy recipe which will take less time to prepare.Specially this can be prepared for neivedhyam during festivals.usally i will variety of payasam recipes when ever i am wishing to have a sweet .As payasam recipes are done very fast i love to prepare these recipes.So,this time i tried with ridge gourd it gave an amazing taste.so,i am posting this for you.For the first time when i prepared with a simple mistake it did not come properly so at that time i did not post it.Again after few months i tried it came very perfectly.
The mistake what i did for the first time is in this recipe we must add rice flour paste to the payasam very slowly .while adding we must continuously stir but with out doing that first i added rice flour paste and after few seconds i started stirring.Due the gap the rice flour paste turned into lumps.So,for the second time i did not do this mistake.
So,coming into the recipe.
- Ridge gourd/Beerakaya : 1/4 kg.
- Milk :1/2 ltr.
- Ghee : 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Basmati Rice:5 tbsp.
- Sugar:100 gms.
- pista:1 tbsp.
- Badam:1 tbsp.
- Peel out the Ridge gourd skin and grate it nicely.
- Remove the water from the grated ridge gourd and keep the grated ridge gourd aside.
- Soak the basmati rice in water for 10 min.
- Now boil the milk in a vessel and add grated ridge gourd to it and let it boil for another 10 min.
- Now grind the basmathi rice to a fine paste by adding required amount of water into a fine paste.
- Now add the basmati rice paste slowly by continuously stirring and let it boil until it become thick .
- Now reduce the flame and add sugar,cardamon powder and give a nice stir.
- Now switch off the flame and add ghee,roasted badam,pista to it.
- Now the delicious payasam is ready.
- Serve it hot/cold.
I love eating when it is hot.
Its easy to prepare and takes less time.If we prepare
it in the right way it will be superb in taste.
Tasty Tomato curry
Tomatoes are very rich in vitamin c.They are low in calories and that too fat free.They also contain vitamin A,K,potassium.To say simply they contain all vitamins and minerals which are necessary for a good health.They are very good for females because they build strong bones .
Tomatoes make your skin great.they will protect skin from sun damage.
onion: 1 medium sized.
Tomatoes:4 medium sized(prefer ripen tomatoes).
Turmeric powder:half tsp.
salt:adjust to taste.
garlic pods: 3
Red chilly powder:2 tbsp.
mustard and jeera :half tsp.
Take garlic and coconut to grind.
Heat the oil in a pan.
Now Crackle mustard seeds,jeera and add bay leaves.
Add onion and fry it until it changes the color to
light brown and now add turmeric powder ,salt,red
chilly powder,coriander powder and fry for half a
Now add that ground powder (garlic and coconut) and
fry for few seconds.
Now add tomato pieces and close the lid and cook for
five minutes .
If it is not cooked cook for another few minutes.
Now add ghee and remove the pan from heat.
Now garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Now the tasty tomato curry is ready.
Please leave your comments below to improvise my posts
Brinjal is one of the outstanding vegetable.If we prepare anything out of brinjal it will give excellent taste. Here comes the procedure how to make egg plant curry with potato combination.
This gives a good combo with chapatis or hot rice and ghee.
As this curry will comes in gravy type it is a good combination for chapatis,roti’s or rice.
Tasty vankaya curry
- Egg Plants:4(medium and tender)
- Onion:1 (medium sized).
- Tomato:1(medium sized).
- Garlic cloves:5-6.
- Dry grated coconut:3-4 tbsp.
- Red chilli powder:2 tsp.(adjust to your spice level).
- Salt:as required.
- Mustard seeds:1 /2 tsp.
- Jeera seeds:1/2 tsp.
- Curry leaves:5-6 leaves.
- Turmeric powder:1 pinch.
- Coriander powder:1 tsp.
- oil:2 tbsp.
- Ghee:1 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves(chopped):2 tbsp.
- Red chillies:2 (slit).
- First cut the brinjal into small pieces and peel the potato skin and cut into small pieces and keep it in salt water because if we keep brinjal and potato pieces in salt water they may not turn black.
- Cut the onion and tomato into small pieces.
- Grind the grated coconut and garlic cloves into fine powder.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and crackle mustard seeds.
- Now add jeera and slitted red chillies into that oil.
- Now add onion pieces and fry turn into translucent.
- Now add ground coconut and gralic cloves and fry for 1/2 min.
- Now add potato pieces and fry for 2-3 min.
- Add brinjal pieces and fry for 2-3 min.
- Now add enough water to boil ,salt,red chilli powder,coriander powder and close lid until it boil.
- Now add ghee and close lid for 1-2 min.
- Now add chopped coriander and remove from stove.
- Now serve hot with chapatis or hot rice with ghee and papad.
- Always select tender and fresh brinjals.
- Don’t over boil the brinjal pieces because it will spoil the taste.
With in next few days i will post another brinjal varieties like vangi bhath,Gutti vankaya koora.
Please give your valuable comments below to improvise my blog.