I usually prepare Tomato rice in two ways.One is pulao and another one tomato Baath which is prepared by leftover rice.
Normally these two recipes are very easy to prepare and which can be easily prepared as lunch box recipes.This dish is mostly prepared in south India.
Now i am posting Tomato Pulao recipe which is a bit spicier than tomato Baath.
- Basmati Rice:1 cup.
- Onion:2 (Medium sized).
- Ginger-garlic paste:1 tsp.
- Cinnamon stick:1 inch.
- Mint leaves:1/2 cup.
- Green chillies:2-3.
- Red chillipowder:1 tsp(adjust to your spice level).
- oil:1 1/2 tbsp.
- salt:adjust to taste.
- coriander powder:1/2 tsp.
- Soak Basmati rice for 20 min.
- Cut the onion into thin slices and cut the tomato into small pieces.
- Now heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add cloves,Cinnamon stick and fry for 1/2 min.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and fry until raw smell goes.
- Now add Mint leaves until it decreases the volume.
- Now add Green chillies and onion and fry until they turn into translucent.
- Now add soaked rice and fry for 1 min.
- Now add 2 cups of water and salt,red chilli powder and close the lid of pressure cooker.
- Now the cooker starts whistling(3 whistles) and simmer for 3-4 min and turn off the flame.
- After cooker cools down add chopped coriander on top of it.
- You can use Ghee instead of oil.
- If you use full ripe juicy tomatoes gives more taste.
- We can use only Green chillies with out using Red chilli powder but the color will not be good.so,instead of using artificial colors i used red chilli powder.
Please leave your comments below to improvise my posts