This is a curry made from pesarattu.Previously i posted how to prepare pesarattu.Now today i am posting a recipe called pesarattu tomato pulusu.This curry is prepared by making pesarattu first and again by adding tomatoes etc.
This is very easy to prepare and the first main important thing we should have is pesarattu batter or left over pesarattu.This recipe i saw in a T.V channel .As i am having already the batter.so,i tried it immediately.This goes good for hot rice.
Now here comes the recipe and the procedure for Preparing Pesarattu Tomato Pulusu.
- Green Gram:1 cup.
- Rice:1/4 cup.
- Tomato Paste:1 cup.
- Ginger:2 inches.
- Salt:adjust to taste.
- Green chillies:8 no.
- Jaggery powder:1 tbsp.
- Coriander powder:3 tbsp.
- Red chilli powder:1 tbsp(adjust to taste).
- Curry leaves:2 strings.
- Red chillies:2 nos.
- Mustard and jeera:1 tsp.
- Garlic pods:3.
- oil:2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder/Haldi: a pinch.
- Wash and soak rice over night.
- Grind it in a mixer by adding Grren chillies,Ginger,Salt.
- Make a thick pesarattu than normal.(Because thick pieces after adding to curry will not cut into small pieces again and gives good taste).
- Now remove it aside and allow it cool.
- In the mean time heat a pan and add oil.
- Now add mustard and cumin seeds.
- Now add Red chillies,Garlic pods and fry until they lightly changes their color.
- Now add Green chillies,curry leaves and fry for 1 min.
- Now add salt,Red chilly powder,Turmeric powder,Tomato paste and let it cookl.
- In the mean time cut the pesattu into pieces and keep it aside.
- Now to the pan add coriander powder,Jaggery and add required amount of water and allow it boil.
- After boiling Now add pesarattu pieces into it and after 1 min turn of the stove.(Because if we over cook now the pieces will loose their shape).
- Now garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
As i told it is good for hot rice because in the middle we can get that pieces as we enjoy the taste completely.
Hope you like this post.
For any suggestions or comments comment below.
- a new try recipe
- Andhra recipes
- Andhra specials
- Combination of Moong dal and tomato
- Combination of tomato and Green gram
- grren gram
- Healthy and tasty curries.
- How to prepare pesarattu tomato puluse.
- Left over with Green gram dosa
- Left over with Moong dal Dosa
- Leftover with pesarattu
- moong dal
- Pesarattu tomato pulusu