This sweet corn methi pulav/Sweet corn fenugreek rice is the excellent lunch box recipe.The little bitterness of methi/fenugreek leaves and the light sweetness of the sweet corn gives an excellent combination.The aromatic smell of this rice makes our mouth watering.All that we need is we must have both methi and sweet corn at home.
As I told already this is a very good lunch box recipe which can be prepared with in less time.We can give this to children undoubtedly as it is healthier recipe and for serving we need only fresh curd or raita.This sweet corn methi pulav donot require much hectic ingredients.
This can be prepared as one pot item or the way which i prepared.Even if we have much cooked rice we can prepare this.
Now coming into the recipe.
- Basmathi Rice:1 cup.
- Water:2 cups.
- Methi/Fenugreek leaves:1/2 cup.
- Sweet corn:1/2 cup.
- Biryani leaf:1.
- Ginger garlic paste:1tsp.
- Garam masala:3/4 tsp.
- oil:2 tbsp.
- Cinnamon stick:1 inch.
- Green chillies:2-3.
- Salt:adjust to taste.
- Mint/Pudina leaves:1 tsp.
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 min.
- Boil the sweet corn and keep it aside.
- Now keep the rice in the pressure cooker for 3 whistles and allow it cool.
- wash the methi leaves and cut the onion into slices and slit the green chillies.
- now in a pan heat oil and add Cinnamon stick,clove,cardamom and fry and add Biryani leaf,ginger garlic paste andfry until raw smell goes.
- Now add onion pieces and fry until it turns into pink color.
- Now add Methi leaves and fry welland add boiled sweetcorn ,salt and fry well.
- Add rice and mix well and then add garam masala and again mix well
- Now garnish with Mint/pudina leaves.
- Serve hot with fresh curd or raita.
There is another way of preparing .Here,I am giving it simply.
First soak the rice and keep it aside.In a pan heat oil and add cinnamon stick,cloves,cardamom,ginger garlic paste,onion slices,green chillies,methi leaves ,sweet corn corn and fry until the raw smaell goes off.Now add soaked rice and fry for another 1 min .Now add water and salt and keep it for 3 whistles.That’s all this process will finish the preparation of sweet corn methi pulao.
- Here we can use pepper powder instead of slitted green chillies for those who like pepper flavor.
- Here i used fresh sweet corn but if you are using frozen sweet corn bring them to room temperature.
Please give suggestions below .