Yesterday evening my daughter asked for pakodas that too she want a variety of pakodas other than normal onion pakodas.so,i tried with cabbage surprisingly it came very tasty and crunchy. I am sure that if you prepare this snack definitely you will get compliments from your family members.You can prepare this pakoda easily with in 15-20 min and that too we use the ingredients same as the onion pakoda.
It will also make an excellent pair with Lemon rice,Dal and rice,Sambar rice,Curd rice.This hot hot crispy cabbage pakoda is an excellent starter of snack item.
I think this winter season is the most suitable season to prepare hot hot pakoras.As this is the fast preparing snack we can prepare varieties of pakodas in these beautiful winter seasons.
Now,going into the recipe.
- Cabbage pieces:2 cups.
- Besan flour(chick pea flour):1 cup.
- Rice flour:1 cup:
- Green chillies:2.
- Coriander leaves(chopped):1/4 cup.
- Curry leaves(chopped): 2 tbsp.
- Salt:adjus tto taste.
- Red chilli powder:1tsp.(adjust according to your spice level).
- Cookingsoda:1/4 tsp.
- Oil:to deep fry.
- First chop the cabbage into fine pieces.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- By the mean time take a big bowl and add the chopped cabbage pieces,Gram flour(Besan flour),Rice flour,cooking soda,salt and mix well.
- Now add very little amount of water to mix it.
- Now add green chillies,Coriander leavs,curry leaves,Red chilli powder and mix well to become a thickpaste.(Do not add more water).
- Now drop the mixture in batches to hot oil.
- Now fry in the low medium flame until they turn to golden brown color.
- Now remove them on the kitchen tissue to drain from excess oil.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the mixture.
- Try not to over crowd the oil because it may lead to greasy pakodas.
- Do not fry the pakoras in high flame because it will not be cooked inside.
- The main important thing is do not add more water while mixing.It must be a thick paste.
Please leave your comments and suggestions below.