This is a curry made from pesarattu.Previously i posted how to prepare pesarattu.Now today i am posting a recipe called pesarattu tomato pulusu.This curry is prepared by making pesarattu first and again by adding tomatoes etc.
This is very easy to prepare and the first main important thing we should have is pesarattu batter or left over pesarattu.This recipe i saw in a T.V channel .As i am having already the batter.so,i tried it immediately.This goes good for hot rice.
Pesarattu Tomato Pulusu
Now here comes the recipe and the procedure for Preparing Pesarattu Tomato Pulusu.
- Red chilli powder:1 tbsp(adjust to taste).
- Turmeric powder/Haldi: a pinch.
- Wash and soak rice over night.
- Grind it in a mixer by adding Grren chillies,Ginger,Salt.
- Make a thick pesarattu than normal.(Because thick pieces after adding to curry will not cut into small pieces again and gives good taste).
- Now remove it aside and allow it cool.
- In the mean time heat a pan and add oil.
- Now add mustard and cumin seeds.
- Now add Red chillies,Garlic pods and fry until they lightly changes their color.
- Now add Green chillies,curry leaves and fry for 1 min.
- Now add salt,Red chilly powder,Turmeric powder,Tomato paste and let it cookl.
- In the mean time cut the pesattu into pieces and keep it aside.
- Now to the pan add coriander powder,Jaggery and add required amount of water and allow it boil.
- After boiling Now add pesarattu pieces into it and after 1 min turn of the stove.(Because if we over cook now the pieces will loose their shape).
- Now garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
As i told it is good for hot rice because in the middle we can get that pieces as we enjoy the taste completely.
Pesarattu Tomato Pulusu
Hope you like this post.
For any suggestions or comments comment below.
Its easy to prepare and takes less time.If we prepare
it in the right way it will be superb in taste.
Tasty Tomato curry
Tomatoes are very rich in vitamin c.They are low in calories and that too fat free.They also contain vitamin A,K,potassium.To say simply they contain all vitamins and minerals which are necessary for a good health.They are very good for females because they build strong bones .
Tomatoes make your skin great.they will protect skin from sun damage.
onion: 1 medium sized.
Tomatoes:4 medium sized(prefer ripen tomatoes).
Turmeric powder:half tsp.
salt:adjust to taste.
garlic pods: 3
Red chilly powder:2 tbsp.
mustard and jeera :half tsp.
Take garlic and coconut to grind.
Heat the oil in a pan.
Now Crackle mustard seeds,jeera and add bay leaves.
Add onion and fry it until it changes the color to
light brown and now add turmeric powder ,salt,red
chilly powder,coriander powder and fry for half a
Now add that ground powder (garlic and coconut) and
fry for few seconds.
Now add tomato pieces and close the lid and cook for
five minutes .
If it is not cooked cook for another few minutes.
Now add ghee and remove the pan from heat.
Now garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Now the tasty tomato curry is ready.
Please leave your comments below to improvise my posts
Brinjal is one of the outstanding vegetable.If we prepare anything out of brinjal it will give excellent taste. Here comes the procedure how to make egg plant curry with potato combination.
This gives a good combo with chapatis or hot rice and ghee.
As this curry will comes in gravy type it is a good combination for chapatis,roti’s or rice.
Tasty vankaya curry
- Egg Plants:4(medium and tender)
- Onion:1 (medium sized).
- Tomato:1(medium sized).
- Garlic cloves:5-6.
- Dry grated coconut:3-4 tbsp.
- Red chilli powder:2 tsp.(adjust to your spice level).
- Salt:as required.
- Mustard seeds:1 /2 tsp.
- Jeera seeds:1/2 tsp.
- Curry leaves:5-6 leaves.
- Turmeric powder:1 pinch.
- Coriander powder:1 tsp.
- oil:2 tbsp.
- Ghee:1 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves(chopped):2 tbsp.
- Red chillies:2 (slit).
- First cut the brinjal into small pieces and peel the potato skin and cut into small pieces and keep it in salt water because if we keep brinjal and potato pieces in salt water they may not turn black.
- Cut the onion and tomato into small pieces.
- Grind the grated coconut and garlic cloves into fine powder.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and crackle mustard seeds.
- Now add jeera and slitted red chillies into that oil.
- Now add onion pieces and fry turn into translucent.
- Now add ground coconut and gralic cloves and fry for 1/2 min.
- Now add potato pieces and fry for 2-3 min.
- Add brinjal pieces and fry for 2-3 min.
- Now add enough water to boil ,salt,red chilli powder,coriander powder and close lid until it boil.
- Now add ghee and close lid for 1-2 min.
- Now add chopped coriander and remove from stove.
- Now serve hot with chapatis or hot rice with ghee and papad.
- Always select tender and fresh brinjals.
- Don’t over boil the brinjal pieces because it will spoil the taste.
With in next few days i will post another brinjal varieties like vangi bhath,Gutti vankaya koora.
Please give your valuable comments below to improvise my blog.
- ToorDal:1 cup.
- Onion:1(medium sized).
- Garlic Pods:5-6.
- Gongura(Mesta) leaves:1/2 cup.
- Turmeric :2 pinch.
- Tomato:1 (small sized).
- Tamarind pulp:1 tsp.
- Red chillies:2-3.
- Green chillies:7-8(adjust to your spice level).
- Salt:adjust to your taste.
- Mustard and cumin seeds:1tsp.
- oil:1 -2 tbsp.
- Bay leaves:3-4.
- Wash the dal and keep aside.
- Cut the tomato,onion into pieces.
- Keep onion,3-4 garlic pods,tomato,Green chillies,Gongura leaves,turmeric and add required quantity of water to boil.
- At last add tamarind pulp and salt and pressure cook upto 2-3 whistles.
- Now remove the lid add coriander leaves and in low flame let it boil for another 2-3 min.
- Now remove the cooker from flame and remove excess water and mash it with the help of ladle.
- Now add the excess water and give a nice stir.
- Now lightly mash the remaing garlic pods.
- Now heat the kadai and cracle mustard seeds and add jeera.
- Now add Red chillies,lightly crashed garlic pods ,bay leaves and fry until the garlic pods lightly change the color.
- Now add this to the mashed dal and immediately close the lid so that the flavour remains like that.
- At last give a nice stir.
- Add less amount of tamarind because we are adding red sorrel leaves.
Please leave the comments below to improvise my blog.
- Gongura Pickle (indianpickles.wordpress.com)
- Gongura Pachadi (neeluskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Gongura Pappu (danceandspice.wordpress.com)
- Gongura Pappu (Dal with Ambada, Lentils and Sorrel) (aahaaram.wordpress.com)
- Andhra inspired – Gongura Pappu Chaaru (thepiquantepicure.wordpress.com)
- Gongura(Mesta) Chutney (tastyandhealthyrecipes.wordpress.com)
- cooking dal… the most basic recipe – dedicated to some of best friends (newgirlinthesun.wordpress.com)