This is very easy recipe which will take less time to prepare.Specially this can be prepared for neivedhyam during festivals.usally i will variety of payasam recipes when ever i am wishing to have a sweet .As payasam recipes are done very fast i love to prepare these recipes.So,this time i tried with ridge gourd it gave an amazing taste.so,i am posting this for you.For the first time when i prepared with a simple mistake it did not come properly so at that time i did not post it.Again after few months i tried it came very perfectly.
The mistake what i did for the first time is in this recipe we must add rice flour paste to the payasam very slowly .while adding we must continuously stir but with out doing that first i added rice flour paste and after few seconds i started stirring.Due the gap the rice flour paste turned into lumps.So,for the second time i did not do this mistake.
So,coming into the recipe.
- Ridge gourd/Beerakaya : 1/4 kg.
- Milk :1/2 ltr.
- Ghee : 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Basmati Rice:5 tbsp.
- Sugar:100 gms.
- pista:1 tbsp.
- Badam:1 tbsp.
- Peel out the Ridge gourd skin and grate it nicely.
- Remove the water from the grated ridge gourd and keep the grated ridge gourd aside.
- Soak the basmati rice in water for 10 min.
- Now boil the milk in a vessel and add grated ridge gourd to it and let it boil for another 10 min.
- Now grind the basmathi rice to a fine paste by adding required amount of water into a fine paste.
- Now add the basmati rice paste slowly by continuously stirring and let it boil until it become thick .
- Now reduce the flame and add sugar,cardamon powder and give a nice stir.
- Now switch off the flame and add ghee,roasted badam,pista to it.
- Now the delicious payasam is ready.
- Serve it hot/cold.
I love eating when it is hot.