This sweet corn methi pulav/Sweet corn fenugreek rice is the excellent lunch box recipe.The little bitterness of methi/fenugreek leaves and the light sweetness of the sweet corn gives an excellent combination.The aromatic smell of this rice makes our mouth watering.All that we need is we must have both methi and sweet corn at home.
As I told already this is a very good lunch box recipe which can be prepared with in less time.We can give this to children undoubtedly as it is healthier recipe and for serving we need only fresh curd or raita.This sweet corn methi pulav donot require much hectic ingredients.
This can be prepared as one pot item or the way which i prepared.Even if we have much cooked rice we can prepare this.
Now coming into the recipe.
Corn Methi pulav
- Basmathi Rice:1 cup.
- Water:2 cups.
- Methi/Fenugreek leaves:1/2 cup.
- Sweet corn:1/2 cup.
- Biryani leaf:1.
- Ginger garlic paste:1tsp.
- Garam masala:3/4 tsp.
- oil:2 tbsp.
- Cinnamon stick:1 inch.
- Green chillies:2-3.
- Salt:adjust to taste.
- Mint/Pudina leaves:1 tsp.
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 min.
- Boil the sweet corn and keep it aside.
- Now keep the rice in the pressure cooker for 3 whistles and allow it cool.
- wash the methi leaves and cut the onion into slices and slit the green chillies.
- now in a pan heat oil and add Cinnamon stick,clove,cardamom and fry and add Biryani leaf,ginger garlic paste andfry until raw smell goes.
- Now add onion pieces and fry until it turns into pink color.
- Now add Methi leaves and fry welland add boiled sweetcorn ,salt and fry well.
- Add rice and mix well and then add garam masala and again mix well
- Now garnish with Mint/pudina leaves.
- Serve hot with fresh curd or raita.
There is another way of preparing .Here,I am giving it simply.
First soak the rice and keep it aside.In a pan heat oil and add cinnamon stick,cloves,cardamom,ginger garlic paste,onion slices,green chillies,methi leaves ,sweet corn corn and fry until the raw smaell goes off.Now add soaked rice and fry for another 1 min .Now add water and salt and keep it for 3 whistles.That’s all this process will finish the preparation of sweet corn methi pulao.
- Here we can use pepper powder instead of slitted green chillies for those who like pepper flavor.
- Here i used fresh sweet corn but if you are using frozen sweet corn bring them to room temperature.
Please give suggestions below .
All these rice items are prepared very easily and it will take very less time.Especially now a days I am looking for these rice items because both my darlings my daughter and my hubby started to take lunch boxes.This is a very nice Lunch box recipe.For the first time I prepared and it came very perfect.I like the tangyness which Gongura have naturally and if we take this gongura atleast once in a week it is very good for health as it contains more amount of Iron.I used pepper in this because in this winter season it is very good for our health.
Now here comes the recipe.
- Kaju: 1/2 cup.
- Gongura paste:1/2 cup.
- Basmathi Rice:1 cup.
- oil:2 tbsp.
- Green chillies:3.
- Jeera:1/2 tsp.
- Curry leaves:2 springs.
- Coriander powder:1 tsp.
- Pepper powder:1 1/2 tsp.
- Boil basmathi rice and allow it cool.
- Grind Gongura into a fine paste in a mixer and slit the green chillies.
- In a pan heat oil and fry curry leaves and take them outside.
- In the remaining oil add jeera,Green chillies,Kaju and fry until kaju turns golden brown colour.
- Now add Gongura paste until raw smell goes.
- Now add Turmeric powder,salt,coriander powder,pepper powder and fry for only 1/2 min.
- Now add rice and mix it well and keep in low flame for five min.
- Now add fried curry leaves on top.
- Now the Tangy kaju-Gongura rice is ready.
- We can use Coriander leaves instead of Gongura an d this coriander leaves gives good flavour.
- While frying Cashew Fry in low flame because kaju will turn brown very quickly.
- Even we can use left over rice instead of Basmathi rice.
- Be careful with rice the grains must be separate so,that it gives good texture.
Please give your suggestions and comments below.
This is a curry made from pesarattu.Previously i posted how to prepare pesarattu.Now today i am posting a recipe called pesarattu tomato pulusu.This curry is prepared by making pesarattu first and again by adding tomatoes etc.
This is very easy to prepare and the first main important thing we should have is pesarattu batter or left over pesarattu.This recipe i saw in a T.V channel .As i am having already the batter.so,i tried it immediately.This goes good for hot rice.
Pesarattu Tomato Pulusu
Now here comes the recipe and the procedure for Preparing Pesarattu Tomato Pulusu.
- Red chilli powder:1 tbsp(adjust to taste).
- Turmeric powder/Haldi: a pinch.
- Wash and soak rice over night.
- Grind it in a mixer by adding Grren chillies,Ginger,Salt.
- Make a thick pesarattu than normal.(Because thick pieces after adding to curry will not cut into small pieces again and gives good taste).
- Now remove it aside and allow it cool.
- In the mean time heat a pan and add oil.
- Now add mustard and cumin seeds.
- Now add Red chillies,Garlic pods and fry until they lightly changes their color.
- Now add Green chillies,curry leaves and fry for 1 min.
- Now add salt,Red chilly powder,Turmeric powder,Tomato paste and let it cookl.
- In the mean time cut the pesattu into pieces and keep it aside.
- Now to the pan add coriander powder,Jaggery and add required amount of water and allow it boil.
- After boiling Now add pesarattu pieces into it and after 1 min turn of the stove.(Because if we over cook now the pieces will loose their shape).
- Now garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
As i told it is good for hot rice because in the middle we can get that pieces as we enjoy the taste completely.
Pesarattu Tomato Pulusu
Hope you like this post.
For any suggestions or comments comment below.
This can be prepared very easily and also this is a perfect lunch box recipe.This is a kid approved dish also.This capsicum rice can be prepared with all colored capsicums.But today I prepared with only green capsicums.These capsicums are also called as Bell pepper.Capsicums are very rich in vitamins and which cures many diseases.
Eating capsicum helps in keeping the skin clear and reduce rashes and do you another important information is which is more important to all of us it helps in burning the calories and mainly capsicums contain compounds called capsaicins which reduce the risk of cancer.
This can be used as naivedyam recipe because we did not use onion,garlic .so,this is no onion,no garlic recipe.
Now to the recipe.
tasty capsicum rice
- Rice :1 cup.
- Oil:3-4 tbsp.
- salt:adjust to taste.
- cashew nuts:10-12.
- Green chillies:2.
- Red chillies:2.
- Haldi/Turmeric powder:2 pinches.
- vangibath powder:3 -31/2 tbsp.
- chana dal:1/2 tbsp.
- Urad dal:1 tsp.
- Mustard seeds and jeera:1/2 tsp.
- Curry leaves:4-5.
- Lemon:1 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves(chopped):1 tbsp.
- Cook the rice and keep it aside and allow it to cool.cook the rice that the grains are separate.Usal masoori rice is fine or you can use Basmati rice.
- Clean the capsicum and cut it into pieces of 1 inch length and slit the green chillies and red chillies.
- now add the oil in a kadai and crackle mustard seeds and add jeera,chana dal,urad dal,cashew nuts,green chillies and fry until it turns into golden brown color.
- Now add slitted red chillies and curry leaves and fry for 1 min.
- Now add chopped capsicum pieces and fry until it becomes soft.
- Now add salt , turmeric powder and vangibath powder and mix well and fry for another 2 min.
- Now remove it from stove and add cooled rice and add lemon juice and mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Now serve hot with raita or potato chips.
- While roasting be careful that cashew nuts will turn brown so quickly.
- So,first add chana dal and then urad dal and then cashew nuts and fry well.
- I did not use another vegetables like potato,green peas,carrot to enjoy the complete flavor of capsicums.
- This capsicum rice works fine with left over rice also.
Meet you again with another tasty and healthy recipe.
Please leave your comments below to improvise my recipes.
This is the Rayalaseema special breakfast.This can prepared with left over Dosa batter.Normally i will prepare dosa batter which is sufficient for two days.The first day i will prepare dosa and the second day i will prepare these Gunta ponganalu.The coconut chutney or peanut chutney is the perfect combination for these Ponganalu.
Specially my daughter prefers to eat with putnala podi or pappula podi.we can prepare this break fast with very less effort.
Now coming into the recipe.
- Left Over Dosa Batter: 2 cups.
- Green chilli paste:1 tsp.
- Cumin seeds:1/4 tsp.
- Chana dal:2 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves(chopped):4 tbsp.
- Curry leaves(chopped):3 tbsp.
- Onion(chopped):1 (Big sized).
- Salt:as required.
- Ginger(chopped):1 tbsp(optional).
- Cooking soda:1 pinch.
- oil:to fry.
- Add little amount of water to the dosa batter.
- Now add salt,Cooking soda and mix well.
- Now add Chopped onions,chopped coriander leaves,chopped curry leaves,chana dal,cumin seeds,Green chilli paste,Chopped ginger and mix well with the batter.
- Now there is a special cooking skillet to make ponganalu usually called as gunta ponganalu penam.In this penam there are small depressions.
- Now in each depression pour few drops of oil and keep in high flame.
- Now pour the batter in each depression only upto 3/4 th because after cooking it will increase the size.
- Now decrease the flame from high to low or medium and pour some more few drops of oil on it to cook easily.
- Now let it roast in medium flame until it turns light golden brown in color.
- Now after two or three min with help of fork flip to another side and allow to cook for 2 min.
- Now remove them on to the absorbent paper.
- Now the tasty,yummy,easy ponganalu are ready.
- Serve them hot with the chutney.
- You can use grated carrot into the batter.
- Soak the chana dal before 30 min.
- You can also use spring onions.
- Do not use more water in water or don’t use less water because if we use less water these will not cook properly.
- Use non stick penam/skillet for easy maintenance.
Please leave your valuable comments below to improvise my posts.
This is the most simple rice to prepare .Normally ,left over rice is the rare thing to happen.Our elders prepare exact amount of rice of what we require,but it ‘s not possible for us.How ever accidents will happen.so,at that time this is the most simple rice to prepare.We can never say no to this rice.
- Left over Cooked rice:3 cups.
- Oil:1 1/2 or 2 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds:1/2 tsp.
- Jeera :1/2 tsp.
- Curry leaves:5-6 nos.
- Salt:adjust to your taste.
- Red chilli powder:1 tbsp.(adjust to your spice level).
- Lemon juice:1 tbsp.
- Urad dal:1/2 tsp.
- Heat oil in a big kadai.
- Crackle mustard seeds and add jeera,curry leaves.
- Now add Urad dal and fry until it turn brown in color.
- Now add rice and mix it well and add salt,red chilli powder and mix it well.
- Now add lemon juice and turn off the stove.
- Now again give a stir.
- Now garnish it with coriander leaves.
- I do not add vegetables or grated coconut because i feel they over power the seasoning.
Very easy and tasty fritters.With in less time and less effort we can prepare.Most of the time i will prepare as evening snacks.
- Idly batter:1 cup.
- All purpose flour(maida):1/2 cup.
- Curd:3 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves(chopped):2 tbsp.
- Green chillies:3-4.
- water:required quantity.
- Salt:adjust to taste.
- Oil:To deep fry.
- Cooking soda:1 pinch
- Cut the green chillies into small pieces or grind into a fine paste.
- Mix the Idly batter,maida,salt,coriander leaves,Chilly paste,curd,cooking soda in a bowl.
- If required add little water to it.
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Now take the gooseberry sized batter and fry it in the oil until it turns golden brown.
- Now the yummy fritters are ready.
- Don’t add too much of water to this batter.
- It is just like idly batter.
Your opinion matters to me..So please put in your take on this post..Thank you 🙂